Committed to Section 3/Minority Outreach
Supporting economic equity
BGC Advantage is a leader in helping Housing Authorities navigate RAD, HUD, and Rural Development requirements, including Section 3. We are committed to complying with the Section 3 act, regulations, and any relevant partner Housing Authority Section 3 guidelines. We are dedicated to pursuing business relationships with qualified Section 3 participants and providing employment and training to Section 3 residents.
It is our policy and our mission to provide Section 3 participants, as well as Minority, Women-Owned, and Disadvantaged Business enterprises, the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with federal funds.
recent or upcoming contractor Outreach and job opportunity fairs
Join Us To Learn How to Participate in Affordable Housing Development and Redevelopment Construction Projects! Salina RAD Homes, LP, and Horizon Place, LP, affordable housing developments that are located in Salina, Kansas, will be hosting a virtual outreach and...
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SECTION 3 OR A MINORITY OUTREACH MEETING? SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION BELOW.
WE ENDEAVOR TO:
- Choose general contractors and service providers that share our commitment to supporting minority and women-owned businesses by complying with Section 3 hiring practices.
- Encourage the participation and support of subcontractor and supplier diversity by prime contractors
- Seek qualified Section 3 participants, minority-owned, women-owned, and other small disadvantaged business enterprises that can provide the services needed
- Pursue opportunities to assist in the development and competitiveness of the targeted businesses
We work to award contracts for services to Section 3 participants. Our outreach meetings are designed to educate and inform about employment opportunities, contracting, and any applicable training opportunities.
WE GET THE WORD OUT
- Hosting educational and informational forums
- Emailing flyers and invitations to targeted businesses within the project community
- Posting ads about job opportunities and contracting events in local periodicals
- Posting social media announcements
- Distributing flyers through the public housing agency and local organizations that serve minority populations
- Hosting meeting recordings on our website, as needed
BGC will work to ensure that employment and economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent possible, be directed toward low to very low-income persons and to business concerns, which provide economic opportunities, to low-income persons.
More about Section 3
If you would like to learn more about Section 3. Click the links below to download and view.