We build purposeful, profitable, sustainable communities.
BGC Advantage is especially suited to work with non-profits, Public Housing Authorities, and community-based organizations. We bring capacity and then help build internal capacity to preserve, enhance, and diversify any portfolio of properties.
Transform Your portfolio today.
Developer | Consultant | Partner
Regardless if the undertaking is new construction or rehabilitation, we help translate our client’s vision into a viable and sustainable housing project. We believe that development should be both purposeful and profitable, and we work collaboratively to assemble and manage the right human capital and funding to deliver on that promise. As a true partner, we help you navigate this complex process from concept to completion.
Developing market rate and affordable housing using:
- HUD and FHA loan programs
- Tax Credit Equity, FHLB and HOME Funds
- Community and regional bank financing
- Tax Exempt bond finance
Acquire, re-develop or preserve aging public housing using:
- HUD’s RAD program
- Project-based vouchers
- PHA capital funds
- Operating funds and reserves
- Rural development programs
Enhance communities with commercial development of:
- Single-family subdivisions or condominiums
- Mixed use of commercial and residential property
- Office parks and office condominiums
Your RAD Resource
Did you know that RAD unit cap has been increased to 455,000 units? BGC Advantage is uniquely positioned to help you capitalize on this opportunity with experience in 4%, 9%, Debt only, and PHA funds.
- Over 15,000 units in process
- Over 25 active PHA and Non-profit clients
HUD Technical Assistance Contract, Trade Organizations, State HFA, NAHRO
Training, Compliance, Risk Management, Annual Portfolio Review, Insurance
What Makes BGC Advantage Different?
What’s the “Advantage” of BGC?
Collectively we have:
- Leveraged over $600 million in development funding sources in just 4 years.
- Assisted 30 public housing authorities with RAD conversions.
- Our partners have built multiple community developments (i.e. prisons, malls, offices).
- Continued development of purposeful and profitable residential communities.
- Generated millions in shared development fees that were reinvested into our partner organizations.
We build our projects around the people they serve, and we offer comprehensive tenant relations and resident services:
- Section 3 outreach
- Resident RAD Training
- Design Input meetings
- Special activities (i.e. landscaping day)
- Job assistance and minority contractor outreach
- Amenity centered design
- Temporary relocation planning and assistance
- Transfer and relocation meetings
Training and Speaking
As a testament to Knight’s demonstrated development and re-development mastery, she is a HUD RAD subject matter expert and a trusted technical advisor and speaker for numerous state, regional, and national housing associations, including, MAHRO, ALCARH, Al Association of Housing, MS Home Corporation, LA Housing Council, SERC, and NAHRO. She and her team are available for small and large group training and speaking events on a variety of topics, including RAD and mixed finance.
Let’s build something
Our specialty is transformative development, where the finished product extends and enriches the community and its inhabitants. With offices in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama and an expanding footprint of successful affordable housing developments, BGC Advantage can tailor each project to deliver best and highest use, self-sufficiency, and vitality in any market across the United States.